Tax Alert No 2/2015 – correction
Dear Sir / Madame,
We are writing to you in reference to the Tax Alert No. 2/2015 sent to you by ITA DP on 30 July 2015 concerning new VAT forms applicable in Poland. There was a mistake in this Tax Alert concerning date since when the new VAT form shall be used. It was written that the new forms are applicable “since settlement for July 2015 or 2 quarter 2015”. The correct information is “since settlement for July 2015 or 3 quarter 2015”. Please find below the corrected version of the Tax Alert:
New forms of VAT returns applicable since settlement for July 2015 / 2Q2015
Polish Ministry of Finance published new forms of VAT-7, VAT-7D and VAT-7K returns which will be applicable since settlement for July 2015 or 3 quarter 2015. Please find link to download editable forms below this Tax Alert.
The change concerns mainly reporting of import of services and domestic transactions subject to reverse charge (lines 11 – 15). The new forms require presenting more detailed information:
- line 11 – import of services other than services purchased from VAT taxpayers from other EU Member States settled according to B2B rule,
- line 12 – import of services purchased from VAT taxpayers from other EU Member States settled according to B2B rule,
- line 13 – supply of goods and services subject to reverse charge according to art. 17 item 1 points 7 and 8 of the Polish VAT Act (filled in by the supplier who conducts domestic supplies of specific, “sensitive” goods, like e.g. scrap, recyclable materials, tablets, laptops, smartphones, etc.),
- line 14 – supply of goods subject to reverse charge according to art. 17 item 1 point 5 of the Polish VAT Act (filled in by the purchaser – this point concerns “ordinary” reverse charge when the goods were purchased from other than Polish VAT taxpayer),
- line 15 – supply of goods and services subject to reverse charge according to art. 17 item 1 points 7 and 8 of the Polish VAT Act (filled in by the purchaser – see our comments to line 13).
Additionally, new VAT forms contain new box No. 47 which shall be used by the taxpayers to correct their amounts of input VAT, if the special regulations on so called “bad debt relief” shall be applicable (e.g. when they have not paid amount resulting from the invoice within 150 days since the payment deadline).
The “old” versions of VAT-7, VAT-7K and VAT-7D returns can be used as a rule till the settlement for December 2015 or 4 quarter 2015. However, if the taxpayer has purchased or supplied any goods or services stipulated in art. 17 item 1 points 7 and 8 of the Polish VAT Act, it has to use new forms since VAT return for July 2015 or 3 quarter 2015.
The form of EC Sales and Purchase List (VAT-UE) remains unchanged.
The alert presents the issues that we believe may be of interest to you. The information in the alert is of a general nature and it does not cover all changes resulting from the amendment of the VAT law. Before making any decision or action, as well as in case of any questions or concerns, please contact one of our tax advisors on +48222503100 (email:email@example.com).