All types of compensations allowed in split payment
According to Polish VAT Law, up till the end of 2020 payment of VAT for goods or services subject to the obligatory split payment could have been made in two ways, i.e.:
- via the actual bank transfer of money in the split payment mechanism, or
- compensation, but the compensation had to meet certain conditions:
- it had to be made only between two parties,
- it must concern only liabilities in reference to which the payment deadline already elapsed.
As of 1st January, 2021 all forms of compensation have been allowed as the form of VAT payment in the split payment mechanism. It means that right now, the payment of VAT for goods or services subject to the obligatory split payment can be made via:
- the actual bank transfer of money in the split payment mechanism, or
- any type of compensation agreed by the parties without any limitations concerning number of parties involved in the compensation scheme or the conditions of applying it.
The alert presents the issues that we believe may be of interest to you. The information in the alert is of a general nature and it does not cover all changes resulting from the amendment of the VAT law. Before making any decision or action, as well as in case of any questions or concerns, please contact one of our tax advisors on +48222503100 (email:firstname.lastname@example.org).